Purpose and who we are
What Information this Privacy Notice Covers
This Privacy Notice covers information we collect from you through our Site. Some of our Site’s functionality can be used without revealing any Personal Data, but for features or Services related to the Content Offerings, Personal Data is required. In order to access certain features and benefits on our Site, you may need to submit, or we may collect, “Personal Data” (i.e., information that can be used to identify you and which may also be referred to as “personally identifiable information” or “personal information”). Personal Data can include information such as your name, email address, IP address, and device identifier, among other things. You are responsible for ensuring the accuracy of the Personal Data you submit to IITSR. Inaccurate information may affect your ability to use the Site, the information you receive when using the Site, and our ability to contact you. For example, your email address should be kept current because that is one of the primary manners in which we communicate with you.
What You Agree to by Using Our Site
We consider that the legal bases for using your personal information as set out in this Privacy Notice are as follows:
• our use of your personal information is necessary for complying with our legal obligations; or
• use of your personal information is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of others. Our legitimate interests are to:
• run, grow, and develop our business.
• operate our Site and provide our Services.
• select appropriately skilled and qualified suppliers.
• build relationships with partners and academic institutions.
• carry out research and statistical analysis.
• carry out marketing and business development; and
• for internal administrative and auditing purposes.
• consent, to send you certain communications or where you submit certain information to us, or where required to rely upon consent by local law.
Which legal basis applies to a specific activity will depend on the type of personal information used and the context in which it is being used.
If we rely on our (or another party’s) legitimate interests for using your personal information, we will undertake a balancing test to ensure that our (or the other party’s) legitimate interests are not outweighed by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms which require protection of the personal information.
We may process your personal information in some cases for marketing purposes on the basis of your consent (which you may withdraw at any time as described below).
If we rely on your consent for us to use your personal information in a particular way, but you later change your mind, you may withdraw your consent by visiting your profile page and clicking the box to remove consent and we will stop doing so. If you withdraw your consent, this may impact the ability for us to provide some of our Services to you.
What Information We Collect
We gather the following types of information about users through the Site:
2. Personal Data provided directly by you or via third parties. We collect Personal Data that you provide to us when you register for an account, update, or change information for your account, purchase products or Services, complete a survey, sign-up for email updates, participate in our public forums, send us email messages, and/or participate in Content Offerings or other Services on our Site. We may use the Personal Data that you provide to respond to your questions, provide you the specific Content Offering and/or Services you select, send you updates about Content Offerings or other IITSR events, and send you email messages about Site maintenance or updates.
• Account Registration. If you register for an account on our Site, you may be required to provide us with certain Personal Data such as your name and email address. You may also voluntarily provide us with additional Personal Data.
• Updates. IITSR may offer you the ability to receive updates either via email or by posting on portions of the Site only accessible to registered users. In order to subscribe to these Services, you may be required to provide us with Personal Data such as your name and email address.
• Participation in Content Offerings. IITSR offers users the opportunity to participate in Content Offerings on or through the Site. If you desire to participate in a Content Offering, you will be asked to provide us with certain information necessary to conduct such a Content Offering. This information may include, among other things, your name and email address.
If you participate in a Content Offering, we may collect certain user-generated content, such as assignments you submit, peer-graded assignments, and peer grading feedback. We also collect course data, such as responses to in-video quizzes, standalone quizzes, exams, and surveys. You should not include any Personal Data or other information of a personal or sensitive nature, whether relating to you or another person, on assignments, exams, or surveys, except for information required to participate in or submit such assignments, exams, or surveys.
• Identity Verification. IITSR may offer you the ability to verify your identity for select Services. In order to enrol for these Services, you may be required to provide us or our third-party identity verification vendor with Personal Data such as your name, address, date of birth, a headshot taken using a webcam, and a photo identification document. Additionally, if you apply for financial aid in connection with these Services, you may be required to provide information regarding your income.
• Communications with IITSR. We may receive Personal Data when you send us an email message or otherwise contact us.
• Third Party Sites. We may receive Personal Data when you access or log-in to a third-party site, e.g., Facebook, from our Sites. This may include the text and/or images of your Personal Data available from the third-party site.
• Surveys. We may receive Personal Data when you provide information in response to a survey operated by us or a Content Provider.
• Partner sites. Partner sites providing Content Offering-related tools and services to IITSR users may collect nonfinancial individual-level user data regarding the individual’s use of that partner site while the partner sites provide those services to IITSR. The partner sites may share that data with IITSR for the purpose of improving our Services, the partner site’s services, and the individual’s education experience. This data includes information such as the amount of time spent on the partner site and pages viewed.
• Third Party Payment Processing. IITSR provides you with the ability to pay for Content Offerings and other Services using a credit card or other methods through a third-party payment processing service provider. Please note that our service provider – not IITSR – collects and processes your financial information.
Notice to End Users
In some cases, an administrator may create an account in IITSR on the behalf of a “End-User” and may provide his/her information, including Personal Information. In such cases the administrator who may be your Employer or a IITSR Authorised Training partner (ATP) is our “Customer.” We collect Information under the direction of our customers and have no direct relationship with the End-User whose personal data we process.
An End-user’s use of the IITSR platform may be subject to the Customer’s policies, if any.
If you are an End-user using our platform, please direct your privacy inquiries to your administrator. IITSR is not responsible for the privacy or security practices of our customers, which may differ from those set forth in this privacy statement.
IITSR does not send personalized advertisement or Marketing communication to end users.
Children’s Personal Information
IITSR does not knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of 16. If you are under the age of 16, please do not submit any personal information through our websites or Service(s). We encourage parents and legal guardians to monitor their children’s Internet usage and to help enforce this Policy by instructing their children never to provide personal information through our Service(s) or Websites without their permission. If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 16 has provided personal information to us through our websites or Service(s), please contact us and we will endeavour to delete that information and terminate the child’s account from our databases.
Updates & Contact Info
When we make a material change to this policy, we’ll notify users via email, in-product notice, or another mechanism required by law. Changes become effective the day they’re posted. Please contact us via email or postal mail with any questions, concerns, or disputes.